Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Committee Assignments: Made to Order

I received my committee assignments from Speaker Lockhart today.  Here they are:

Transportation - Standing Committee
Given the importance that transportation will be playing in Ogden in the future, I asked to be placed on this committee.


Political Subdivisions - Standing Committee
Although not a super glamorous committee assignment, I asked to be placed on this committee to help gain perspective on our State's current political system and how its division affects policy and operations.


Economic Development, Business and Labor - Appropriations Subcommittee
This is an exciting committee assignment.  This will give Ogden a front row seat at opportunities for economic development and growth as they become manifest to our committee.  You will likely be hearing a lot from me about opportunities that arise from this committee assignment.

And finally, if you want to see where I will be sitting, here is a map of the House Chamber (click to enlarge):

Freshmen typically sit on the front row.   My seat is the yellow box.

Fun factoid: I will also happen to be the second most youthful Legislator to serve in the House this next term. 

1 comment:

  1. Every class I've ever been in the smartest guys sit in front. Good for you Jeremy - Glad they recognize your abilities!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Your comments and thoughts are greatly appreciated. Criticism, insights, questions and queries are always welcome. However, please be civil and composed in your presentation. I moderate comments, so be patient while waiting for your comment to appear. Debate is welcome, trolling is not.