Monday, June 14, 2010

A.B.A.T.E Meeting Letter

I was invited recently to speak to American Bikers Aiming Toward Education at D&R Spirits this last Sunday.  Unfortunately, due to ecclesiastical obligations, I was unable to attend the meeting.  However, I did write a letter in my absence:

To the Distinguished Members of American Bikers Aiming Toward Education:
Thank you for your interest in my campaign and for the invitation to speak to you as a group.  I hope you can forgive my absence as I attend to duties today which prevent my presence.
In the end, you may be grateful that I wrote a letter rather than show up in person.  I have spared you from having to listen to one more long-winded self-promoting politician.
On a serious note, I do look forward to speaking to you individually and listening to your concerns.  As a conservative minded candidate, I believe that society is best served when government allows individuals the freedom to make decisions for themselves.  This includes the freedom to ride with or without a bike helmet.  Also, I believe that people make the best decisions when they are properly educated.  If we teach correct guiding principles, people will govern themselves. 
I hope that you can support me as the effective, responsive, and enthusiastic alternative in this years House race.  I look forward to hearing from you.
I have included my contact information below for anyone who needs it.
Thank you again and best regards,
Jeremy Peterson – Candidate House District 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Your comments and thoughts are greatly appreciated. Criticism, insights, questions and queries are always welcome. However, please be civil and composed in your presentation. I moderate comments, so be patient while waiting for your comment to appear. Debate is welcome, trolling is not.